Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Glimpse of Fun in a Regular Day

As this is my first blog, I will introduce myself. My name is Bethany Helm and I am the worship leader for Hope Chapel. I am also the wife of Randy Helm, the pastor of our wonderful church.
My other job/profession, is being a psychotherapist in private practice providing outpatient services for individuals and couples. Randy and I have chosen to home school our 3 girls, so I work part time on Mondays and Tuesdays so that I can be home with the girls the rest of the week.

After very full days on Sundays, Monday mornings can be a bit of a bummer as I am usually tired; and finding a way to "change hats" from worship leader, pastor's wife, and Mom to therapist can be a bit of a challenge.

A couple of Mondays ago I was driving to my office on the freeway and noticed a strange looking vehicle approaching. As it moved closer I quickly recognized it as the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile! I laughed out loud and alone in my car I said, "It's the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile". What a fun thing to see!

Upon later reflection, I thanked the Lord for allowing me to be just in the right place at the right time to see the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile. Yes, I thanked Him because I don't believe that it was a coincidence. I believe that the Lord delights in giving us glimpses of fun in regular, ordinary days just to let us know that He knows that life can be hard. I believe that it's our job to notice the glimpse of fun, to laugh instead of just "blow it off" or ignore it, and allow these times to bring a lift or a moment of refreshing into our regular days.

5 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing to happen.
I also believe what you have said.
God Bless you and keep your eyes and ears open for the next FUN !
Wally Hoffart

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Debra said...

Good thinking Bethany -- I didn't even think to introduce myself. Can you believe they got us to start blogging?

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger the-unintentional-blogger said...

All I can say is I'm just incredibly jealous that I didn't get to see the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile! Welcome to blogging Bethany!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Kendal said...

Bethany, so you have a current phone number for your therapy office?

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Kendal said...

And I did happen to see the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile once on the highway many years ago. I think every city should have one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home