Saturday, October 28, 2006

Ditto from Andy...sort of... -or- Little Blessings

It constantly amazes me all the little, seemingly insignificant ways that God blesses us on a daily basis. For instance, yesterday I decided that I needed to go to the mall (which is a wholly remarkable decision for me considering how much I hate the mall). What is more, I made the very poor decision to go to the mall on a Friday night...during rush hour...(oh yeah, and since I am house-sitting this weekend, I'm driving from Surprise).
Anyway, I finally get to Arrowhead and I make my first stop at Hat Club to buy a new hat, which I did. Actually I got two because the second was 40% off. While I was walking around, I was pondering again how much I hate the mall, and began thinking to myself how it would have been nice to have some company with me to take my mind of the fact that I was at the mall. Then, I went to the food court to find the rest room - it was a semi-emergency. En route I saw someone waving at me, who turned out to be our very own Crystal Dykes! We chatted for a while and she told me that she was here with her sister and two of her cousins. After visiting the lavatory I went over to where they were sitting for some more conversation. It wasn't a long meeting with them, and I'm pretty sure we didn't solve any of the earth's problems, but it sure brightened my experience at the mall.
Now, I'm not a hyper-mystic or anything, I'm okay with the idea of coincidences, and maybe that's all this was. Or just maybe the God who loved me enough to give His only Son so I could spend eternity with Him, loves me enough to orchestrate a few events just to brighten my evening. At any rate, it made me contemplate again His goodness, and it filled my heart with praise. Keep your eye out for those little blessings!

2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Debra said...

Go see what I commented to Andy -- I believe whole heartidly that God orchestrates this stuff.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Dr. Don said...

I think it would perfectly fine to get all mystical about this. Of course He orchestrates this stuff, He loves us more than we will ever know, and He loves to do little things to make us happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home