Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Total Mom blog...

If I had my own "personal" blog, I'd put the following comments in there. However, I don't have a personal blog, so I'm going to put it here.

The highlight of my day was listening to my 9 yr old and 6 yr old chasing each other around the house, laughing out loud. I love being a homeschool mom.

The highlight of my day yesterday was when I asked my 3 yr old if he wanted me to help him or if he wanted grandma. He said, "I want you to help me cuz...you're my best ghoul (3 yr old version of 'girl') in the whole woold." Melts my heart.

And my one other *mom* thing comes from an article I read about motherhood making you smarter. It had lots of good stuff, but the one that I said "SEE!!" about, was the following fact:
In the first year of a baby's life, the primary caregiver looses approx. 700 hours of sleep.

No wonder I'm so tired! I'm sure the first 350 hours are lost in the first 4 months. Of course, my exhaustion might have something to do with the fact that it's currently 1:10 am and I'm typing this blog. Have to say -- it's worth it to me to stay up late once in a while just to enjoy the complete silence.

Here's hoping my kids sleep till 8:00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home