Saturday, October 28, 2006

rest and relaxation

I have 3 girls, 2 of which are nine years old. As of late I have been getting chiropractic adjustments and massages on a regular basis as my left shoulder has been a mess. My girls are aware of this process and obviously this has spurred some things in their thoughts and imaginations.

This morning my 9 year olds were out playing outside. After coming in to redo a chore they were supposed to earlier; they announced they were working on a "secret". Since they are not particularly good at keeping secrets one of them just had to tell me what they were working on.

Their secret project was that they were building a place of rest and relaxation. Their plan was that I could come there and get a massage for 10 cents a minute. They had cushions, reading material, etc. She wanted to know if that price was ok, as they were going to open it up to the people in our neighborhood.

The cushions were from our patio chairs and were old and stacked up outside ready to go to the dump. The location of this plae of rest and relaxation--the goat pen!!

I think I have the cutest girls ever! Although they would not be happy with their mother if they knew this was going out on a blog!!

It made me wonder if God sometimes hears our ideas and gets as big of a chuckle as I did this morning with my girls.

2 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger the-unintentional-blogger said...

Yep,you do have adorable girls! I love their idea - gross cushions and all. (ps this is deb on scott's account, not scott)

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Barbara D said...

I love what I call "Mom moments" just like you described. They are the times when our children are so precious and thoughtful that you want the whole world to be as proud of them as you are. But I think God saves those moments for Moms, because we appreciate them more than anyone else would. And so we can remember them when those same adorable kids have painted all over the walls, flushed our keys and cut up the good sheets to build a fort!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home