Saturday, October 28, 2006

Ouch!

Last night at my youngest son's basketball practice, it was time for the kids to take on the parents. Now, the last time I got to do this (with my older son's team), it turned into the Don going 1-on-5 with the 12 year olds. I had blast, so did the kids and parents.

Last night was a little different. It was dark, I was tired, and driving to the hole I landed on someone's foot and sprained my ankle pretty good. It is swollen about the size of a baseball, and hurts to walk on.

Why am I telling you this? Because it is amazing to me how difficult it has been to let other people take care of me today! I needed to just sit with my ankle raised, icing it and eating motrin. Instead, I coached one game, drove one son to a birthday party, and helped fold a couple of loads of laundry. Makes me wonder if the Lord is going to have to kill me if He ever really needs my attention.

3 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger the-unintentional-blogger said...

Please oh please tell me that "the Don" in the first paragraph is a typo and that you didn't mean to call yourself "the Don". I might have to re-evaluate our friendship : )

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Dr. Don said...

Actually, that should have read "The Don Going 1-On-1..." as a title. I have not assumed an article into my name.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger the-unintentional-blogger said...

All humanity thanks you.

: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home